I recently learned about The Two Things question and wanted to apply them to Mozilla and what I’ve learned in engaging with Firefox users.
For every subject, there are really only two things you really need to know. Everything else is the application of those two things, or just not important. -Gary Whitman
The Two Things about Mozilla
- Create products (such as Firefox, Marketplace, Persona, B2G) that disrupt controlled platforms in order to build a better Web
- Develop projects in an open way that allows contributors from all over the world to participate and work towards the mission of keeping the power of the Web in people’s hands [from About Mozilla]
The Two Things about Engagement
- Create authentic relationships with all stakeholders
- Each type of stakeholder has different needs
The Two Things about User Engagement
- Develop genuine relationships with users that provide 2-way value
- Surprise and delight users often
The Two Things about Social Media
- Share your story with fans – they’re listening
- Listen to users and support them – they have stories to share too and need your help sometimes
What do you think are The Two Things about Mozilla? What are The Two Things about areas where you contribute?